Monday, May 14, 2012

The End of an Era

This weekend marks the last weekend I will ever associate myself with New York City.  I don't ever intend on going back there, unless I'm dead broke and have to live with my parents.  I have no connection back in New York, and no friends to go home to whenever I visit.  I'm never there long enough to hang out with friends, and the ones that do matter to me have begun planning everything without me.  They always ask, "when will you be back?" But honestly, I don't even know.  I won't have a summer break for a while, but at least I'm making some progress in life with co-op and classes.  Frankly, these are the least of my worries.

I can no longer say that NYC is my home because whenever I refer to home, I really mean my home in Boston.  It's where all of my best friends are and it's where I can truly be myself again.  Of course, this view will change as my friends begin leaving Boston to go on with their lives, but my home will always be where I feel the most belonging to.  Maybe in a few years when I move to another city for graduate school, that new place will be my new home.  But in the mean time, I am a nomad and my current home is Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment