Monday, May 21, 2012

#OnceanOLAlwaysanOL

I’m so jealous of each and every person training to be an orientation leader right now at Northeastern, living in Smith and getting to know one another. This time last year, a ton of us OL’s were in the “quad” where 4 beautiful girls all lived together in a ginormous room, and we were eating chips with salsa and spinach dip and life was beautiful. It was only the beginning of the best summer of my life and I miss it every single day. I miss dancing around campus and watching movies and cuddling in the basement of Smith making friendship bracelets. It was like sleep away camp, but better because there was absolutely no way you could ever feel left out.

Sometimes, I wish I could have cut co-op short and become an OL again. But I know that it wouldn’t be the same. The people would be different, the humor would be different, the environment itself would be different and I would only compare it to the best staff ever. But as the hashtag goes, #OnceanOLAlwaysanOL. I will always have ice breakers off the tips of my fingers for every single awkward situation no matter how early in the morning it is. I will always be ridiculously energetic to incoming freshmen and family even if I only got 5 hours of sleep. I will always be singing the wrong lyrics to multiple songs all because of the amazing cheer that we came up with.

OL staff 2011, I miss you and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment